April Showers bring May Flowers!
I can't believe it's already May! It seems like just yesterday I was taking pictures of my big belly and counting down the minutes until my sweet Addison was here with us. She is growing so much...just like a weed! :) I have already began to teach her all about flowers and planting this Spring. Last year I was too sick and tired to do much in the yard. I wondered how I would plant flowers and work in the yard with an infant this Spring. But we have done a great job together. Addie sits in her bouncer while I plant flowers and kill weeds. While I'm watering the flowers I teach her everything I know about each one. I have such wonderful memories watching my Mother make our yard so beautiful. I watched and was interested as much as a little girl would be at 7 or 8, but I didn't come value those memories until I was much older. Our front yard was a masterpiece...She had tons of flowers lining the fence in our front yard. I remember her teaching me to pinch off the dead marigold blooms and sprinkling the seeds around the flowerbed so new ones would grow. Just a few weeks ago we were out front in my yard and there she was, teaching me to pinch off the marigold blooms and sprinkle them about! I hope to give Addison the same gift my Mama gave me.Not only are there tons of new plants and flowers growing in the yard, we have some other new things this year. Last week...and I never thought I would be so happy to say this...we got a new barn and a privacy fence! If you had told me when I was say 20 that I would be so excited about a barn and a fence, I would have laughed. The old barn/shed that came with the house was not appealing to the eye at all...it was time for it to go. We decided to get a privacy fence for several reasons and had just been putting it off. The old chain link fence worked fine for Kobe to stay safe, but it too wasn't too pretty. It also didn't give us any privacy from the main street on the other side of the hay field that connects to our property. The fence gives me a lot more peace about being outside with Addie this summer. We are excited about the warm weather and can't wait to get a little pool for Addie to play in. We have decided to sell the wave runner. We want to spend our free time with her and would rather not have someone watch her so we can go to the lake. There is no sense in it staying in the garage so we'll find a new home for her. We love it and hate to see it go, but we'll maybe buy a boat in a few years. We are lake people and would love to spend the summers on the lake with our kiddos. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment