My First Mother's Day

I really enjoyed my first Mother's Day. We woke up early and went to church. One of my favorite things to do as a family is go to church. Usually we go to the contemporary worship but that morning we decided to go to traditional to hear one of our new pastors. We have not taken Addie to the nursery yet so we sat in the back with her. Generally she does great in church and usually falls asleep. But, this particular morning she was quite vocal. So, Addie and I spent the last half of the service sitting in the coffee bar listening to the service. That is okay though. We left church and decided to go to Applebee's for lunch. When we got home I had a few little things waiting on me. Recently I had been begging for Zumba for our XBOX 360 Kinect. I had been taking classes and I love Zumba. But Brandon was giving me the run around...excuse after excuse on why we shouldn't buy or rent it. Geez! We hardly ever buy anything without discussing it with the other first, so it's not something I would have just bought before mentioning it. But it's not like him to not want me to buy something that simple. So..anyway, when we got home it was waiting on me! Yay! I have never been the fru-fru type, I'm not big into jewelry and flowers are usually a waste of money in my opinion...Except for the occasional star gazer lily, Brandon knows flowers are not on my list of favorite gifts. So my Zumba video game and t-shirt with the sweetest card ever was perfect for me. And of course spending the day together. Here's a picture of the front of my card he ordered for me.

We spent the rest of the day at home. Mom comes up on Sundays to keep Addie on Monday. Brandon grilled steaks and shrimp for us for dinner. I couldn't have asked for a better day. I am so grateful for my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment