Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Ah, I'm so behind on my blog.  Addie is 2 weeks away from being 6 months old! We have been so busy so I just haven't gotten the time to update as often as I'd like. Mostly because I am so tired at night I'd rather just go to bed!  So, I have some chocolate cupcakes in the oven and I thought I'd take this time to update how we are doing since my last post.
5 months
Weight: About 16 1/2 lbs
Height: About 26 inches
Clothing size: Anywhere from 6/9 mo to 12 mo

You are still sleeping all night long. You are such a happy baby. You usually get tired around 8pm and are asleep by 9. You are still sleeping in the pack/play next to Mommy & Daddy's bed.  This is because Mommy is having trouble letting you sleep in the crib next door like a big girl.  You wake up anywhere from 5am-7am and sometimes we snuggle together before we get up for the day. This is my favorite part of the day.  On my days off we will snuggle while Daddy is getting ready. On the days Mommy has to work I get up early so I can feed you and you usually hang out with me until  we wake Gigi up.

We have started giving you a sippy cup now. You are still learning how to suck on it.  You are trying to sit up. You can sit up for a few seconds but then you fall over. Your favorite toy is the jumperoo, but you also love your Vtech bear, and your octopus. You can roll all over the room now to get where you want to go.  It only takes a few seconds for you to make it to the other side of the playroom.

You have started doing so much lately. In June we started giving her cereal.  She loves to eat with a spoon. At first she wasn't sure what to think about it, but now she is a pro. She grabs the spoon out of our hands and puts it in her mouth all by herself.  She gets frustrated that there is no constant flow of food like there is with milk, so you have to be pretty fast.  Of course we make a mess at each meal.  One of her favorite meals is squash from Boompaw's farm.  Dad brought up a ton of squash and sweet potatoes from his garden and I put it all up in the freezer. I decided to puree it and see how she liked it.  She loved it! So far we have also tried green beans, peaches, and prunes. She wasn't a huge fan of the green beans, but she ate them for the most part.   She gets excited when she sees her spoon.  But when it's all gone, she starts to put up a fight and you have to redirect her to something else.  Here is a video of her eating cereal for the first time.  Addie eating cereal. 


 At the end of June we took our first beach vacation since Addison was born.  We were excited to get to show her the ocean.  We shared a condo with Derrick's family, Jamie and Serena, and Mom. It was a great trip. I don't think we've have a family vacation in about 15 years.  I had surgery on my foot in May and it was still healing so I wasn't able to swim with Addison for the first time in a big pool. Brandon took full advantage though and put her in everyday.  She loves to swim. Here are a few pictures.   





No comments: