Sunday, September 11, 2011

Football!!

We love Football in this house!  Brandon was so excited to have Sunday at home to watch football.  We were up at 730 for the early church service. He did yard work for an hour and was in the house by 1150 for his 12pm game!  Here's a picture of what the rest of the day looks like! Kobe enjoys football season as much as Brandon I think.


Kobe and Brandon watching the Falcons game.
Checking scores on the phone while watching the game. 
 I love this fuzzy Redskins blanket. It must be 15 years old.  It was my Grandmother's and always laid on the back of her couch.  Why did she have a Redskin's blanket?  She wasn't a Redskins fan, although she was a lover of football, especially Alabama football.  As a kid I never thought to ask her why she had this blanket.  Most likely she bought it at a yard sale or someone gave it to her.  Anyway, after she died I kept it and used it occasionally.  After meeting Brandon and discovering his love for the Washington Redskins I pulled this blanket out of the closet and placed it on the back of the couch. That's where it has stayed for 5 years since we bought the house.  It's in the man room surrounded by other football decor so it matches perfectly. Thanks for the blanket Grandma.

The most amazing dip ever!!! Check out the recipe.



I made Frank's Buffalo Chicken dip today for the game.  Oh my...so good. We had to put it in the fridge just to stop eating it. Here is the recipe.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
1/2 cup Franks Buffalo Wing Sauce
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cans (12.5 oz. each) SWANSON� White Premium Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained 

(Notes:  You can use a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store instead of canned chicken.  Also, you can substitute blue cheese dressing instead of Ranch if you'd like.

HEAT oven to 350F. Place cream cheese into deep baking dish. Stir until smooth.
MIX in salad dressing, Frank's RedHot Sauce and cheese. Stir in chicken.
BAKE 20 min. or until mixture is heated through; stir.
Enjoy!
 

No comments: