Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas 2011

Wow, I can't believe the holidays are behind us already. I have always loved Christmas and it seems it takes forever for the holiday season to get here and then poof, it's gone so fast.
This year we stayed in Huntsville for Christmas. It was Brandon's first Christmas away from home in 29 years, so it was especially hard on him to be without his family.
On Christmas Eve we traveled to Cullman to spend the evening with my family. We had dinner and played dirty Santa. I'm thankful that Jamie got to come into town and the whole family was together.
On Christmas Day we stayed home. We got up, opened presents and then took naps on the couch! For dinner we cooked a roast and planned to go see a movie that evening. Everyone else in Huntsville apparantly had the same idea, so instead we drove around looking at Christmas lights. It was a great day and I'm so glad we got to spend it together. I've been working at the hospital for 7 years now and 5 of those 7 I have spent working. Most of the time I have sent Brandon home for Christmas since there was no reason in him sitting here at home while I worked. I felt guilty that so many of my coworkers were spending their Christmas at work taking care of others, but thats what we do.
Here are a few pictures from our Christmas weekend.



 





No comments: