Thursday, January 19, 2012

Home Improvement

 So as everyone knows we have been remodeling our house for about 5 years now.  Brandon bought a house across the street from the apartment complex I was living in.  Now I know it's because free labor was so close by.  Just a few weeks after closing he left for Alaska and here I was with this fixer upper in desperate need of a woman! :)  We've come a long way but we are always still finding things that need replacing or updating. We've gutted the family room, two bathrooms, replaced drywall, scraped ceilings, and so much more. So this fall we decided to replace the flooring throughout the house and get rid of the carpet.  Have you ever pulled up 10 year old carpet?  I was happy being ignorant thinking my carpet was clean after a vacuum and a shampooing every now and then.  But oh my, pull that stuff up and you realize IT WAS NEVER CLEAN!  Hello hardwoods, I love you!   So here are some pictures of our flooring adventure.  Unfortunately I was too pregnant to assist too much with the project but luckily we have some great friends and family that pitched in and helped with the progress. Here are the finished photos with a few before photos. 

Dining Room
Living Room Before
Living Room After



Guest Bedroom Before
Guest Bedroom After









Hallway Before
Hallway After


Master Before
Master After





No comments: