| Richard, Doris, & Brandon at Goose Pond Colony |
Anyway, we enjoyed the lake and then around 5pm went into The Docks restaurant. It's a great place on the lake, just wish it was on a different lake. They have amazing food, a great bar atmosphere if that's what your looking for, and usually have live music on the weekends. The deck is great for watching the sunset on the water and it's literally just off the pier from the water.
The rest of the weekend was spent working on putting down the new flooring in the hallway and guest bedroom. Doris and Richard were a big help. And the floor looks great! I'm excited to get it down in the rest of the house. Of course we are still waiting on the cabinets to come in for the master bath remodel, so hopefully that will be this week and we can move on from the bathrooms. Here are a few pictures of our progress.
| All Done! Thanks Doris & Richard! |
| He's exhausted! |
Labor Day weekend is special to us because we were married that weekend in 2009. Our anniversary fell on Tuesday this year. We had originally planned to have dinner at one of our favorite restaurants 801 Franklin. Unfortunately, they closed down last month. I was so disappointed. Instead we had dinner at Cotton Row. It was fabulous! The food was so good! We exchanged gifts when we got home and here is what I got! I'm super excited about my new camera. I haven't done much with photography in about 10 years so I'm looking forward to learning...again.
Brandon had a good night as well. He got a Ruger 10/22 Rifle to add to his collection. He was very happy. He works so hard to provide for us, he deserves it. :) He's looking forward to going to Dad's farm to shoot!
All in all it was a great anniversary. It's not about the nice dinner or new toys. It's about celebrating such an amazing marriage that we share. We are so blessed to be married to our best friends.
Yesterday was also our 5 month appointment at the doctor. We told the doctor that I was still sick. He said, "Well, you just might be one of the one's that stays sick until you deliver." Yay! I know it will be worth it though, such a small price to pay. We got to hear the heartbeat and scheduled our next ultrasound for Sept 27. So then we will know what we are having! What will it be?

2 comments:
Happy Anniversary! Congrats on the baby news too. The house looks fabulous and means so much when you do it yourselves. You are blessed to both be so talented. I know you are so excited about the baby. You are going to be the best parents ever. I will be keeping up with you on the blog, thanks for sharing.
Ok, my baby Jennings prediction is Boy. It could be because all I see is blue these days, but that is just my guess. I am so glad y'all will be sharing the happy news in 1 week!
Post a Comment